This page contains guidance on how to configure the Event Streams release for both on-prem and ROKS.
- Change project to eventstreams
oc project eventstreams
If you enable message indexing (which is enabled by default), then you must have the vm.max_map_count property set to at least 262144 on all IBM Cloud Private nodes in your cluster (not only the master node). Please note this property may have already been updated by other workloads to be higher than the minimum required. Run the following commands on each node:
sudo sysctl -w vm.max_map_count=262144 echo "vm.max_map_count=262144" | tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf
- Go to CP4I Platform Home. Click Add new instance inside the Event Streams tile.
- A window will pop up with a description of the requirements for installing. Click Continue to the helm chart deployment configuration.
- Click Overview to view the chart information and pre-reqs that were covered in Prepare Installation.
- Click Configure
- Enter the Helm release name. In our example, es-1
- Enter Target Namespace - eventstreams
- Select a Cluster - local-cluster.
- Check the license agreement.
- Under Parameters click All Parameters to expand.
- Ingress - icp-proxy address defined during icp / common-services installation - icp-proxy.<openshift-router-domain>
- Image Pull Secret - the secret used to pull images for install from the docker registry. You can get this secret by typing the command
oc get secret -n eventstreams. copy the name of the secret beginning with deployer-dockercfg-xxxxx.
- Scroll down to External access settings - enter the proxy address - icp-proxy.<openshift-router-domain>.
- Scroll to the bottom. Click Install.
- check pods using the command line
oc get pods -n eventstreams NAME READY STATUS RESTARTS AGE es-1-ibm-es-access-controller-deploy-5db9c7fb45-gz2nm 2/2 Running 0 3m es-1-ibm-es-access-controller-deploy-5db9c7fb45-p2whr 2/2 Running 0 3m es-1-ibm-es-collector-deploy-76d7fb99bd-vnfqd 2/2 Running 0 3m es-1-ibm-es-elastic-sts-0 2/2 Running 0 3m es-1-ibm-es-elastic-sts-1 2/2 Running 0 3m es-1-ibm-es-indexmgr-deploy-5b8bd89c4b-6pxs7 2/2 Running 0 3m es-1-ibm-es-kafka-sts-0 5/5 Running 2 3m es-1-ibm-es-kafka-sts-1 5/5 Running 1 3m es-1-ibm-es-kafka-sts-2 5/5 Running 2 3m es-1-ibm-es-proxy-deploy-6f8959775-89j4m 1/1 Running 0 3m es-1-ibm-es-proxy-deploy-6f8959775-dlnh6 1/1 Running 0 3m es-1-ibm-es-proxy-deploy-6f8959775-vx9ps 1/1 Running 0 3m es-1-ibm-es-rest-deploy-8667789594-qssvf 3/3 Running 0 3m es-1-ibm-es-rest-producer-deploy-8f8c79f8f-mvldm 1/1 Running 0 3m es-1-ibm-es-rest-proxy-deploy-849b45f5c9-s7p8x 1/1 Running 0 3m es-1-ibm-es-schemaregistry-sts-0 2/2 Running 0 3m es-1-ibm-es-ui-deploy-5d44c64-mgg9j 2/2 Running 0 3m es-1-ibm-es-ui-oauth2-client-reg-v4hmv 0/1 Completed 0 12h es-1-ibm-es-zookeeper-sts-0 2/2 Running 0 3m es-1-ibm-es-zookeeper-sts-1 2/2 Running 0 3m es-1-ibm-es-zookeeper-sts-2 2/2 Running 0 3m
- Make sure the bootstrap server is running
- Click es-1 on Platform Home.
- Click Connect to this cluster.
- Make sure the bootstrap server shows an address.